Before traveling, pay attention to:
- At check-in, it is mandatory to present a molecular RT-PCR test with a negative result for COVID-19, done 72 hours before the flight.;
- When you arrive in São Tomé, a 14-day household quarantine is mandatory;
- The use of surgical masks is mandatory from entering the airport of departure until leaving the airport of arrival;
- The use of surgical masks is mandatory on the aircraft;
- Passengers must change their mask every 4 hours, or less – if they are wet or perspired, so passengers must have stock for the entire trip;
- Other masks than those mentioned above are not allowed.
FOR ENTRY OR TRANSIT IN PORTUGAL
Portuguese authorities have determined that on flights departing from Portuguese-speaking countries, non-Portuguese passengers or non-residents of Portugal, with destination or transit in Portugal, who do not present at the time of departure proof of a COVID-19 test, namely molecular RT-PCR test, a with a negative result, carried out within the last 72 hours before departure, are not allowed to board or permitted entry to Portugal. This measure applies to adult passengers as well as minors.
Portuguese citizens or foreign nationals with a permanent residence in Portugal who travel without a molecular RT-PCR test will be immediately tested upon arrival at the airport, in which case the cost will be charged to the passenger.
The tests will be carried out and made available by ANA, SA, through qualified health professionals, which can be subcontracted, and passengers must wait for the results of the tests confined to the location where they will be staying, providing their contact details and following the rules of the Directorate-General for Health.
FOR ENTRY IN SAO TOME E PRINCIPE
The Sao Tome authorities have determined that on flights to São Tomé and Príncipe, passengers have to present at the time of departure proof of a COVID-19 test, namely molecular RT-PCR test, a with a negative result, carried out within the last 72 hours before departure. This measure applies to adult passengers as well as minors.
Newborns and children up to three (3) years of age are exempt, provided that the mother, father or duly authorized person presents the RT-PCR molecular test with a negative result, performed within 72 hours before departure.