Before traveling, pay attention to:
- Be aware of the conditions for leaving the territory from which you intend to start your journey;
- Check the entry requirements of the territory you intend to travel to, including the necessary tests, certificates, prophylactic measures or other rules that may apply:
- The use of a surgical mask is advised from entering the airport of departure until leaving the airport of arrival;
- The use of a surgical mask is advised on the aircraft;
- Passengers must change their mask every 4 hours, or at shorter intervals – in case they are damp or perspiring, so they must keep stock for the entire trip;
- Masks other than those mentioned above are not allowed.
FOR ENTRY OR TRANSIT IN PORTUGAL
Passengers from São Tomé and Príncipe must present a test for SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a negative result, or present a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC)- – vaccination or recovery, or a certificate issued by third countries considered equivalent by the European Commission.
Allowed tests are listed below.
- TAAN – Nucleic acid amplification test (RT-PCR, NEAR, TMA, LAMP, HDA, CRISPR, SDA, etc.), taken in the last 72 hours prior to boarding.
A valid test is considered to be an examination carried out by a certified laboratory containing the minimum information required by the European Union Health Safety Committee, namely:
- Passenger identification;
- Identification of the laboratory where the test was performed, with mention of the respective certification:
- Reference to the use of the methodology;
- Date and time of the test;
- Test result as “negative” / ”Not detectable”;
- Presented in Portuguese, French, English, Spanish and Italian.
The test result must be presented at check-in, boarding, and arrival, in digital or paper format.
- Antigen Test (TRAg) taken in the last 24 hours prior to boarding. Only antigen tests accepted by the European Union Health Safety Committee are accepted. Proof of test completion must include the minimum data required by the same entity.
Exemptions to testing:
- Children under 12 years old;
- Holders of a valid European Union COVID-19 digital certificate or considered equivalent by the European Commission.
FOR ENTRY IN SAO TOME E PRÍNCIPE THROUGH AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT
Passengers traveling to Sao Tome must present, at the time of departure, a complete vaccination certificate.
Passengers who do not have a complete vaccination certificate must present an antigen test with a negative result, carried out within the last 48 hours before the flight.
Exemptions to testing:
- Children up to twelve (12) years of age.
TRAVEL BETWEEN THE ISLANDS OF SÃO TOMÉ AND PRÍNCIPE
On trips between the islands of São Tomé and Príncipe, the presentation of a vaccination certificate or a negative antigen test is waived.
Updated on 06MAY2022