Before traveling, pay attention to:
- On international flights, both at Lisbon and São Tomé, at check-in, it is mandatory to present a molecular RT-PCR test on paper with a negative result for COVID-19, done 72 hours before the flight;
- Upon arrival in São Tomé it is imperative to deliver the test on paper to the national authorities;
- On domestic flights, it is mandatory at check-in to present a quick test with a negative result for COVID-19 done up to 24 hours before the flight;
- The use of surgical masks is mandatory from entering the airport of departure until leaving the airport of arrival;
- The use of surgical masks is mandatory on the aircraft;
- Passengers must change their mask every 4 hours, or less – if they are wet or perspired, so passengers must have stock for the entire trip;
- Other masks than those mentioned above are not allowed.
FOR ENTRY OR TRANSIT IN PORTUGAL
Passengers from São Tomé and Príncipe and Guinea Bissau are allowed to enter Portuguese territory only in the case of essential trips, considering as such those carried out for professional reasons, for study, family reunion, for health reasons or for reasons humanitarian services.
Passengers entering or transiting Portugal must present proof of having undergone a test for SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a negative result.
Allowed tests are listed below.
- TAAN – Nucleic acid amplification test (RT-PCR, NEAR, TMA, LAMP, HDA, CRISPR, SDA, etc.), performed in the last 72 hours prior to boarding
- Antigen Test (TRAg) performed in the last 48 hours prior to boarding
Exemptions: Children under 12 years old.
A valid test is considered to be an examination carried out by a certified laboratory containing the minimum information required by the European Union Health Safety Committee, namely:
a) Passenger identification;
b) identification of the laboratory where the test was performed, with mention of the respective certification;
c) Reference to the use of the methodology;
d) Date and time of the test;
e) Test result as “negative” / ”Not detectable”;
f) Presented in Portuguese, French, English, Spanish and Italian
The test result must be presented at check-in, boarding, and arrival, in digital or paper format.
NHS or Trace tests taken in the UK are not valid for travel.
FOR ENTRY IN SAO TOME TROUGH AN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT
The authorities of Sao Tome determined that on flights to Príncipe Island, passengers must present, printed on paper, upon departure, the proof of test to COVID-19, namely a negative RT-PCR test carried out in the last 72 hours before boarding. This measure applies to adult passengers and minors.
Please note that on arrival at Sao Tome International Airport, the negative PCR tests, printed on paper, must be handed over to the national authorities for the purpose of checking and verifying their authenticity.
Newborns and children up to five (5) years of age are exempted, provided that the mother, father or duly authorized person carries the negative molecular RT-PCR test, performed within 72 hours before departure.
FOR ENTRY IN PRINCIPE AND SAO TOME TROUGH A DOMESTIC FLIGHT
The authorities of Sao Tome determined that on flights to and from the island of Príncipe, passengers must present the proof of test to COVID-19 at the time of departure, namely a rapid test with a negative result, carried out in the last 24 hours before departure. This measure applies to adult passengers and minors.
Newborns and children up to two (2) years of age are exempted, as long as the mother, father or duly authorized person bears the rapid test with a negative result, performed within 24 hours before departure.
For more information contact our sales counter in the city of Sao Tome or by contacting + 239 2222 11 60.